Friday, May 1, 2009

Persecution in China

My name is Geng He and I am the wife of political prisoner and lawyer Gao Zhisheng, who is currently being persecuted in mainland China. On March 11 this year, I arrived in the United States with my son and daughter for political asylum. ... We are safe now, but my husband's situation has become more perilous... "In the past, whenever I was worried about my husband because of his challenges against tyranny, he would often console me by saying...that if one day he would be persecuted because of his ideals and sense of justice, the people in the world who believe in justice would stand by him and support him. I know that he would still harbor this light and hope in his heart while enduring various torments in prison!" -- Geng He's open letter to the U.S. Congress asking for Congress to intervene on behalf of her husband Gao Zhisheng. Read the full letter.

No comments: