Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Random Thoughts

1. Fairness - is in the eye of the beholder. Witness the "scrupulous" reporting of Governor Palin's religious views and the absence of the same in the MSM. 2. "Gotcha!" How I feel about MSNBC's removing Olbermann and Matthews from coverage of the campaign. Do tell - but there is no bias in the MSM! 3. The Alliance Defense Fund is soliciting pastors to challenge the IRS's muzzling of pastor's endorsing candidates by specific preaching on September 28. Sorry, but I think that is the wrong way to deal with the issue and certainly a wrong use of the power of the pulpit. Sorry but I know of no text that supports a particular candidate. I'm certain some preacher somewhere will use Daniel, Thessalonians and a few other ripped out texts to rant against Obama as the anti-Christ, the man of sin or the Obamantion of Desolation. I'll pass on this one. What do you think? 4. Borrowing from Andy Rooney "Don't ya just hate it when a blogger does random thought - must have nothing much to say!

1 comment:

Tim said...

Well, I did think of preaching a Reformation Day sermon (which will be just before the election, I think) and name it "The Audacity of Pope." :D