Sunday, January 3, 2010

For the Lord's Day: Aging Gracefully

Aging Gracefully – Part of growing older gracefully involves accepting that our Lord is still in the process of maturing us. One of the ways He causes us to grow is by allowing difficulties to come into our lives. With age comes an increase in difficulties for each of us. If we determine to adapt to these painful situations as Job did his, then we shall have a growth profile. Consider these statements from Job: "Though he slay me, I will hope in him; yet I will argue my ways to his face." Job 13:15 (ESV) "But he knows the way that I take; when he has tried me, I shall come out as gold." Job 23:10 (ESV) From The Art of Aging: A Christian Handbook by Dr. Howard Eyrich, Pastor of Counseling Ministries, Briarwood PCA, Birmingham, AL.

No comments: